This curry is colourful, VERY tasty and obviously very quick to make.
You will need:
- A red onion, chopped
- A clove of garlic, chopped
- Tsp of coconut oil
- A can of chopped tomatoes
- A can of chickpeas
- A can of sweetcorn/whatever vege you like- baby corn, runner beans, petit pois!
- A large handful of spinach
- Salt, pepper, turmeric, paprika, garam masala, cinnamon and chilli flakes
- A squeeze of tomato puree
- Half a can of coconut milk
- Quorn chicken pieces
This makes enough for 3 people/ 2 hungry people
- Heat your coconut oil in a non-stick pan and add the onions and garlic. Allow these to soften.
- Next, add your chopped tomatoes, chickpeas and whatever other vegetables you would like (or not like!!).
- Add the coconut milk.
- Add the quorn pieces.
- Season to taste: I use about a level Tbsp of salt, Tbsp of garam masala, and a tsp each of the other spices. Keep tasting it to try out the flavour.
- Add a squeeze of tomato puree if you wish.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add a large handful of spinach.
- Serve and enjoy! I have mine with cauliflower or brown rice.
You could make this vegan by leaving out the quorn pieces (or using the vegan ones). Similarly, substitute the Quorn for real chicken if you so desire!
Just for interest: I am a flexitarian. I only eat meat or fish if I have no other choice. I stay with family and friends when I’m on placement- several of which are farmers- so when I am with them I eat meat so that I don’t inconvenience them. When I am cooking for myself or am eating out at an event or restaurant I stick to a vegetarian diet.
Header photo: My friend Rachy in Madrid, June 2017