There are LOTS of Overnight Oats recipes out there. And so there should be! This super simple recipe is my go-to breakfast this term. I love how versatile and filling they are. What’s more they are so quick and easy to make, and having them prepared the night before means they are perfect for busy days of lectures or work.
This recipe is for my speedy blueberry compote oats.
You will need:
- 50g of oats (As a rough guesstimate, depends on how hungry you are, but I find this is enough to keep me going!)
- A handful of blueberries
- Lemon juice
- Milk (I use almond)
- A container- I use a plastic cup but you could use some Tupperware, a glass, a bowl, a smoothie container- whatever you have!
What to do:
- Make your compote by placing the blueberries in a microwaveable bowl, drizzle honey and the juice of half a lemon. Mix and microwave for 1 minute. (You could also do this over a low heat on the hob).
- Remove bowl from the microwave and pour in your oats. Mix the compote and oats.
- Pack this oat-compote mixture into your container.
- Pour in enough milk to just about cover the top of the oats- you may want a little extra as the mixture soaks up a fair bit of milk!
- I top mine with pumpkin seeds.
- Place in the fridge and enjoy in the morning!
And there you go! My favourite variations include: adding a scoop of peanut butter to my oats, cinnamon, mixing in some Alpro Vanilla Yogurt (this stuff is amazing!), raspberries, blueberries, chopped hazelnuts… whatever you fancy! Let me know what you think.
WHILST YOU’RE HERE… HELLO!
I haven’t been writing much recently- when I cook I’ve been following other people’s recipes (I set myself a challenge to try and cook something different every week of the term!). I like Deliciously Ella, Cauldron Foods have some great recipes and the BBC Good Food Vegetarian section is just great!
I am also very unsure of how much of an impact my blog makes, so if you like what I share, please let me know and I’ll get writing.
Exercise wise, I’m still enjoying running (although have no races plans), and have really gotten into HIIT workouts combined with weights. Again, if you’d like me to share what I do in the gym, let me know!
We have exams in 6 weeks, I like writing blog posts as a revision break so I will be posting a little more regularly!
Sending lots of good vibes, Fran xx
Header photo: A blue Somerset Sunrise, revision induced Insta, Jan 2018