I’m so excited that my first shared post is with the beautiful Jade . Jade is a rugby playing, vegan law grad and all round babe. We met because she plays rugby and lives with my best friend from school, Ella.
Jade has recently set up an Instagram account to showcase her amazing vegan concoctions- and with her, Ella and their house mate Ruthie visiting Bristol, it was the perfect chance to collaborate to bring you a vegan and summery dish.
You can find these products in an Asian super market, China town etc. They are usually pretty cheap!
Rice paper rolls with a peanut dipping sauce
For the rolls:
- Rice paper sheets
- Vermicilli rice noodles
- Firm tofu
- Soy sauce
- Thinly sliced carrot, cucumber, sugar snap peas
- Baby gem lettuce
For the sauce:
- Meridian Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Sweet chilli sauce
- Lime juice
- Soy sauce
- A dash of water
- Cook the rice noodles according to packet instructions. Place in cold water to prevent sticking. Drain before assembling rolls.
- Slice the tofu into strips, fry in a non-stick pan until golden on each side. Splash in a tablespoon of soy sauce at the very end. Leave to cool.
- Thinly slice all the vegetables. The thinner they are, the easier it is to assemble into rolls.
- To make the sauce, mix 2 parts peanut butter to 1 part soy sauce, a table spoon of lime juice and a squeeze of sweet chilli sauce. Add water to achieve the consistency you would like for dipping.
- Fill a shallow dish with cold water. Submerge the rice paper sheet for 10-15 seconds.
- Remove and place on a flat plate.
- Layer your fillings, but don’t overfill!
- Fold as if you were folding a burrito.
- Dip in your sauce and enjoy!
There you go! These are so incredible and the perfect option for a summer evening. Plus they’re totally ethical too.
Jade and Fran xx
Header photo by Jade: St Peter’s Pool, Malta 2017