Here is a (you guessed it!) SUPER SIMPLE ratatouille recipe, which tastes fab hot or cold and is healthy, tasty and filling.
You could leave it to simmer whilst you’re revising. Cook up a big batch to see you through an exam filled week.
Cooking time: 30 mins, Serves 2-3 people depending on how hungry you are.
You will need:
1 red pepper (Optional, I’m not a huge fan so I don’t include it but it would be a good addition)
1 red onion
2 cartons of chopped tomatoes
Seasoning- basil, mixed herbs, salt and pepper
A dash of balsamic vinegar or red wine if you’re feeling fancy
A big scoop of coconut oil
- Chop the aubergine, courgette and onion. I sliced my aubergine into thin slices because it reminds me of the Disney film Ratatouille, with the courgette and onions in big chunks. Chop them whichever way you like!
- Add the aubergine, courgette and onion into a hot pan with your scoop of coconut oil.
- Season well, and brown off the vegetables for 5 minutes or until they start to go a little brown.
- Once they have softened a little, add in your cartons of chopped tomatoes.
- Add in your dash of vinegar or wine (I used both)! Stir and season again to taste.
- Leave the dish to simmer on a low heat for approx 30 minutes, giving it a stir every so often. From experience, the longer you leave it to bubble away, the more tender the vegetables become.
- Voila! Your dish is ready to serve. I had mine with some veggie sausages, but you could serve with white fish, chicken or just eat it on its own. It tastes good hot or cold.
Apologies for my recent absence, vet school exams are under way and so I am spending a lot of time in the library, cooking pretty un-inspiring dishes.
I’ve not got long to go now, so I’m excited to share some fitness ideas with you soon. Enjoy the sun, Fran xx
Header: Kruger National Park, South Africa 2016. An extremely magical trip!