Revision season is in full swing. I’m a simple cook anyway, but over exams I like my food to be even speedier so that I can spend as much time as I can studying.
Over the next few weeks I’m going to be sharing some speedy and healthy dishes which you can cook in a flash- starting with a simple stir fry.
Fran’s Simple Green Stir Fry with a Lime sauce
Serves 1, takes approx. 5 minutes to cook
For the stir fry:
- Tofu (you could use chicken or whatever meat you like, but seriously Cauldron’s Marinated Tofu is the bomb).
- Rice noodles (about half a bag)
- Bean Sprouts (about half a bag)
- Mange tout
- Coconut oil for fryin’
For the sauce:
- Soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Make your sauce by mixing together the juice of one lime and about the same quantity of soy sauce, season to taste.
- Heat your coconut oil in a frying pan or wok- whatever you have that is non-stick.
- Add the asparagus first, and fry for about 2 minutes or so to tenderise.
- Add the sauce, tofu, mange tout, bean sprouts and rice noodles, and cook for 2/3 minutes.
The beauty of a stir fry is you can chuck any vegetables you like in, I thought these ones I’ve featured worked really well together!
I now have 2 weeks off before my first exam, so it’s going to be a very fun fortnight! Hope revision/life is going well, Fran xx
Header: Royal Fort Gardens, Bristol 2017