These pancakes are super easy to make, taste delicious and are great fuel before or after a work out.
My housemate Cat and I concocted these following a particularly gruelling run with Eloise (3 musketeers). You don’t have to use protein but it can add flavour and #gains to your breakfast.
Banana Pancakes + Cat’s Compote- Serves 2
Ingredients for the Pancakes
- 2 mashed bananas
- A scoop of self raising flour (makes them thick!)
- 2 eggs
- splash of soya/almond/cow milk and
- 2 scoops of My Protein Active Women Diet Blend , chocolate brownie flavour
- Coconut Oil for frying
- Mix all your ingredients in a bowl- until you get a thick but runny mixture. It should be a little thicker than normal pancake mix because of the bananas and protein- add self raising flour/milk to make it more/less thick.
- Heat your coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon a large dollop into the oil- you can make them as little or as large as you want them!
- Cook for approx 1-2 mins on each side, or until golden brown.
🍒🍊 Cat’s Compote is made by simmering a large handful of frozen summer berries with the juice of one orange for 3-5 minutes.
STACK THEM PANCAKES, POUR THAT COMPOTE AND ENJOY!
Credits to my running partner in crime Eloise for the stunning header shot of Bristol Suspension bridge.