This is one of the simplest and yet tastiest dishes I make. These are a perfect summer lunch or light dinner, and take no time at all to make. Plus they’re pretty healthy too! This recipe was featured in Harry’s Community Cookbook !
Serves 2 people, making 6 fritters.
Takes 5 minutes to prepare, and approx. 3 minutes per fritter to cook.
- 2 courgettes
- Handful of feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 free range eggs
- Plain flour
- Salt and pepper
- Grate the courgettes into a mixing bowl.
- Crack in the 3 eggs.
- Add in your crumbled feta
- Add enough flour to make the batter sticky
- Season to taste
- Mix !!
- Heat up a non-stick frying pan and add a knob of coconut oil to fry the fritters in
- Use a table spoon to dollop a large spoonful of mixture into the pan, making roughly circle shape fritters. You can make them as small or as large as you like.
- Fry the fritter on each side for approx. 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- I serve mine with plain greek yogurt, a few almonds and a leafy salad.
You can do several variations of this recipe- you could swap the courgette for sweetcorn and serve with a sweet chilli sauce. You could also add some chopped chorizo into the batter for a meaty twist. A mashed avocado along with the courgette is also tasty. Mix it up and enjoy!
Header: Dangan woods, Kilkenny, Ireland 2016